Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Nesting

I hate to be cliche BUT... its true.  Its this bizarre feminine biological impulse that has struck.  With a vengeance.  About 5 months ago.  And hasn't let up since, save for when things are pure insanity at work.  Since entering this phase, I've discovered A. I'm kind of crafty (which necessarily leads to unending jokes from the hubs about whether or not we should turn our guest bedroom, currently occupied by my in-the-process-of-getting-launched-but-still-really-a-big-kid-23-year-old-sister, into a "craft room" - have you seen those on House Hunters??), B. I have no natural talent for these types of things whatsoever, and the extent that I can do anything at all is always checked by my lack of patience and follow-through (oddly, that doesn't, to me, conflict with the aforementioned letter A, above), and C. I take some bizarre satisfaction in arranging and re-arranging the same things like, a dozen times. 

Some projects I've worked on?  Making a framed monogram (more on that later), mounting and framing my wedding invitation (you know, because it had only been 5 years...), re-upholstering a chair (more on that later, too), turning these awesome Picasso bullfighting postcards that I got while studying abroad in Spain (uh, in 2002) into wall art, painting our kitchen ("lemon ice" in case you were wondering), and matting and framing a black and white print of my Aaaaaa-dorable nephew and proudly displaying it above our fireplace... and I'm sure there has to be something I'm forgetting.  I think I'll do a separate post just of pictures of the stuff above.  I'd post 'em now, but all I'm working with at the moment is an iPhone camera.  Yeah.  So, needless to say, the quality isn't great and I'm getting a glare on the images.  I'll work this out, I promise.

So now, I've got to go make me (well, us, seeing as I'm the resident "chef", a term I use exceedingly liberally) some dinner.  Homemade spaghetti sauce.  And spaghetti.  Obviously.  Did I mention I've started to enjoy cooking lately too?  I have historically (ha! get it?) not liked cooking.  Something about hot things and timing and stress.  Is that part of this whole "nesting" business?  Why does no one tell you about these things?  Have you experienced the same thing?  Did it take shape the same way?  Differently?

No comments:

Post a Comment