Friday, June 10, 2011

An Introduction

I'm Laura.  Nice to meet you.  I have to say I find the whole idea of blogging somewhat odd.  I don't mean to slight any bloggers out there.  I love blogs.  Blogs are, in fact, the reason I'm doing this.  Its just that I've really wholeheartedly resisted this whole electronic social universe up to this point.  I am the only person I know that does not have a Facebook account.  Never have, probably never will.  I'm not a total electronic dinosaur despite the current appearance of this blog, but there is just something blissful about electronic anonymity. 

I suppose it'd be nice to know why I think I should start a blog.  Well, since you asked...  I got into the reading side of blogs probably about 6-8 months ago (I know, I'm late, but did you not see the part about how I don't even have Facebook?!)  I credit my friend Carolyn (her blog, which she just got up and running, is here).  She introduced me to the magical world of design blogs, and then they did the rest on their own.  Then one day as I was perusing the vacation photos of one of my bloggers, my husband asked me why I didn't write my own, instead of always reading others'.  One thing that I do love about the blogosphere is that it is nothing if not 2-sided.  And so here I am.

Some background?  I'm married to my college sweetheart (Which I supposed you gathered by the reference to the spouse above. Smartypants.).  I live in a 1980s townhouse outside of Boston with two snuggly but insanity-inducing cats.  I'm a history teacher by profession (and passion).  I love interior design and the process of making my house feel like home.  I feel like I've only recently really honed in on my personal style, and my house is currently a mash-up of that, all the stuff we bought right after we got married (Ugh.  All I can say is it seemed like a good idea at the time...) and the stuff we've inherited from family, which falls into one of 2 categories: beautiful/special to us or yipes-we're-stuck-with-it.  More on that later.  My vision for this blog is to be a record of our triumphs and mishaps, a place where I can find & share inspiration, and perhaps even a place to share a little about my life and experiences (though I expect I'll be guarded in that respect...)

Regardless, I'm happy you stopped by.

No comments:

Post a Comment